We’re HiringSenior Front End Developer
About the job
Elegant Seagulls, Inc. is seeking a Senior Front End Developer with deep knowledge of WordPress to join our team and bring complex and enterprise level websites to life. This role is a non-entry level position.
We need someone that can work closely with our design team prior to development, be proactive, take ownership in projects and build (multiple complex) pixel perfect front end experiences annually thoroughly integrated into WordPress custom themes. In addition we are looking for someone to interface directly with client side stakeholders alongside our project management team to understand requirements and find solutions.
You must have 2-3 live project examples that you can present as well as a resume. Must be located in the continental United States and be a US citizen. Must also pass a standard background check.
- Excited about the work–motivated to do more.
- Well organized and efficient
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well under pressure
- Never settle for mediocrity
- Willingness to be a leader and a mentor
- Strive for continued skill development and education
- Knowing when to innovate and when to be practical
- Excited about future web technologies and how they can impact designs
- Ability to estimate time needed to develop projects and feature sets
- Understand client-side business goals and outcomes
- Strong understanding of WordPress and PHP Development best practices
- Ability to work on an existing WordPress codebase that utilizes Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
- Strong Understanding of Custom Post Types & Taxonomies
- Familiarity with the best in class plugins for WordPress
- Security Best Practices
- Working knowledge of ADA
- Strong communication skills
- Build tools such as gulp/webpack
- Headless/Decoupled CMS
- Experience extending the WordPress REST API
- Custom Gutenberg building experiences with ACF enhancements
- Custom WordPress dashboards, login and admin
- Base salary plus biannual performance bonuses.
- Continuing educational allowance.
- Health & vision insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield – 50% employer sponsored, 50% pre tax employee payroll deduction).
- Paid holidays (6 standard holidays + the week between Christmas Day and New Years Day).
- Paid vacation – 2 weeks (with increasing scale based on tenure).
- 401k with a 5% match after one calendar year of employment.
- Sick time.
- Flex time.